- Mum's six/eight weeks post birth up until the baby crawls or is mobile
- Mum's looking to gently build strength & flexibility after child birth
- Mum's looking to bond with other Mothers and with their baby in a group activity
Mums and Bubs Yoga is based on a traditional hatha style with specific emphasis on the shoulders, the core, the pelvic floor and the tummy. Ease back into the world paying special attention to your body where it's needed. The babies can come along of course. We may do some baby yoga, massage or sing… like Mumma life, we will go with the flow each class. Suitable from six/eight weeks post birth until baby crawls or is mobile.
Things to remember:
- You are welcome to bring your baby. Think about bringing a sling as well as a rug for them to lie on. They may cry/poo/feed/sleep during class - we can accommodate them!
- You should gently exercise your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles every day.
- Make sure your abdominal muscles have fully healed before you do any vigorous tummy exercises, such as crunches.
- It is important to consult with your doctor or midwife before embarking on any vigorous postnatal exercise program, as you may need more time than you think to heal from the rigours of childbirth.
Investment for this 4 week program is $80
Where : Yoga For All Charlestown - Pearson Street, Charlestown Square (across from Pet's Domain)
Runs : Wednesday mornings 10:45pm - 11:45pm from 18 April - 16 May (no class on Anzac Day)