Too often the Church has not known what to do with Singles other than encourage them to get married. So this day-long event will be a time of calling us back to FOCUS our lives on serving, working in our giftedness and living joyfully and contentedly in community right here and right now.
Our Speaker is C.J. Goeller on staff with InterVarsity at JMU for 20+ years. Photography, woodworking, auto repair, disc golf, racquetball and bourbon serve as a backdrop to a life in which he is "happily single" and committed to maturing himself and others in Christ.
TOPICS & Breakout Sessions:
• Singleness, like Marriage, is a Gift from God. Stewardship. Opportunity and Focus.
• Intimacy in the Kingdom of God. Finding our place/Finding our voice.
• Faithful Living in an Oversexualized Culture
• The Discipline of Solitude
• Practically Speaking: How Do I Get Focused?
• Whatever Happened to Friendships?
• What Should I Do With My Life? (Calling and Vocation)
Registration begins at 9:00 am
• 10:00 First Plenary Session: "Life Is A Gift"
• 12:00 Lunch (will be provided)
• 1:30 - 3:30 Breakout Topics and Discussion
• 4:00 Second Plenary Session: "Intimacy"
Questions?? e-mail: "singleFOCUS2018@gmail.com"
Cost for the day is $15.00. Please Register at the link below.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/singlefocus-tickets-44027464331?aff=ehomecard