What is the Historic Run Crew Challenge?
The Historic Run Crew Challenge is a mini-scavenger hunt that participants can solve while running (or walking!) the historic route of Alamo Run Fest (April 15).
Anyone racing in an Alamo Run Fest event can join this challenge!
It’s free to join and participate.
All racers, no matter the length, can play!
How to play!
1. Use the clues to identify the 4 historic sites on the race route.
2. During the race, collect a token from the Historic Run Crew volunteer at each historic site.
• Don’t worry, the volunteers will be easy to spot and the tokens are easy to carry!
3. After the race, bring the tokens to the Historic Run Crew Challenge booth to retrieve your prize!
1. Spanish Missionaries and soldiers slept here next to the Alamo.
2. German Catholics worshiped and attended school at this church nicknamed St. Joske's.
3. This art deco theatre, built in 1940 for the African‐American residents on the Eastside, makes a Cameo in St Paul Square.
4. Built in the 1930s as part of the Federal Public Works program, this grand Beaux‐arts classical structure was the first post office in the US to have air condition.