FREESTYLER - THE DJ SHOWDOWN - LAUNCH PARTY
An evening like no other launches at Claptrap Thursday 12th April!
Freestyler - The DJ Showdown is a no genres barred, head-to-head battle for dancefloor supremacy between the hottest and most ecletic DJs we can find, and YOU decide who owns the dancefloor!
That's right - two DJs will be vying to get you on your feet, playing three rounds of whatever music gets you moving, and you vote for your champion! Our one aim is keep you moving!
We launch on 12th April with what promises to be an absolute epic - two old heads from very different backgrounds bringing their own unique flavours...
The tale of the tape:
Age: Remembers a time before CDs
Bio: Rumour has it RekkidZilla was found in a recordbox in the doorway of the Hacienda as a young baby, his first documented word was "ACIIIIID" and he could mix before he was able to walk. Experienced and wise to exactly what a dancefloor needs, RZ has spent many years perfecting his craft, including a number of legendary residency stints across the West Midlands in previous years.
What To Expect: Anything, from acid house to afrobeat, from soul to synthwave, RZ has it all and isn't afraid to use it - Put your comfy shoes on because when he starts dropping bombs you're not gonna be able to fight the feeling :)
Name: Trimmy Riddims
Age: Born when Sting was decent
Bio: Growing up on the mean streets of Amblecote, Trimmy Riddims was granted a music education like no other, while his peers were playing with Game Boys, TR was on a Roland 808. His parents didn't sing lullabies as they knew there was something different, they played him Dr Hook, New Order and NWA until he could recite every lyric. At school they tried to teach him the recorder but he used it as a drumstick instead. Fresh out of DJ retirement last year, TR is back reclaim the dancefloors that once were his :)
What To Expect: Funk, soul, disco, hip hop, anything your parents used to listen to, TR is a maverick and coming to take you on a dancefloor journey you didn't even know you wanted
- Doors Open at 7pm - Entry is £2, payable on the door
- Main Event starts at 8pm and is split into three rounds
- 20:00 to 21:00 - Round 1 - The Warm Up - Two 30 minute sets from each DJ, easing you into proceedings, light stretches and few looseners
- 21:00 to 22:00 - Round 2 - Bring The Beats - Two more 30 minute sets from each DJ, this time to get you grooving and throwing shapes, grab a partner and start a hoedown
- 22:00 to 23:00 - Round 3 - The Showdown Finale - Both DJs get 3 songs each and play back-to-back for the final hour, nothing but dancefloor killers - who will be your champion?
- 23:00 onwards - Who knows? Certainly not us :)
- Voting opens during each round through the Tosh Freestyler Facebook group (ToshFreestyler) and will close 30 minutes after the end of the round.
- The winner will receive a £25 cash prize and the opportunity to play at future Tosh Promotions events
- If you're not dancing, we want to know why - We have one aim, and that's to keep you moving
- We're always on the lookout for DJs, whether new and fledgling or seasoned and experienced, the opportunity is here for you to come down and do your thing
For more details, please contact Trimmy Riddims or Justin Taylor, or email ToshFreestyler@gmail.com