THE ROAD TO ST. LOUIS, MO RUNS THROUGH PUEBLO!
Clayton Homes of Pueblo Chili Cook-Off
Presented by Clayton Homes of Pueblo
in conjunction with George Lott and the DAV
SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2018
Trophies and CASH plus CHANCES to COMPETE in WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP for over $25,000 in PRIZE MONEY in St. Louis, MO September 28-30, 2018.
• 1st Place = $400.00
• 2nd Place = $300.00
• 3rd Place = $100.00
• 1st Place = $100.00
• 2nd Place = $75.00
• 3rd Place = $50.00
People Choice Category: 1st Place = $100.00
Proceeds from this event are going to the Disabled American Veterans
The DAV provides free, professional assistance to veterans of all generations in obtaining VA and other government benefits earned through service. They help returning veterans transition back to civilian life by linking them with services that address their physical, emotional and financial needs. They provide transportation for veterans who need help getting to and from medical appointments and link service-injured veterans to job training and job assistance programs. These are just some examples of how the DAV is helping those in need.
Basic Equipment Cooks Will/May Need to Bring to the COOKOFF:
• Cooking Stove(s) using propane, butane, or white gas, electricity is not available so bring your fuel.
• See www.chilicookoff.com for a list of ALL RULES that must be strictly enforced to be judged.
• Cooking pot(s) large enough to meet the cookoff rules. You need to cook at least 2 QUARTS of chili for each division you enter. We would like you to provide a minimum of 1 GALLON for Peoples’ choice division. Don’t forget a cutting board and knives to chop meat, onions, etc.
• Bring water, washing stations, tables, and your tent.
• Please remember all chilis will need to be cooked on site. Salsa can be prepared in advance.
• Cooks must be an ICS member prior to cooking. No registration for ICS will be accepted the day of the competition. Please visit www.chilicookoff.com to sign up for membership and to sign-up for the cook-off.
• A sign identifying the name of your chili team, one of the fun traditions of competition chili cooking. You will be cooking outside under your own tent, you are encouraged to bring booth decorations, props, and your most unusual hat or outfit.
• Your Fire Extinguisher and any other safety equipment you require.
• A few band-aids for those team members not giving full attention to the knife.
• Cash or check will be the only type of payment accepted for participant registration. There is no access to a credit card machine at this event.
• A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the Quality Inn And Suites, located at 3910 Outlook Blvd., Pueblo, CO 81001 for anyone who would like to make themselves overnight accommodations for Friday, April 6, 2018. Please call 719-544-5500 and use the code Chili Cook-Off to book yourselves a room at a discounted rate.
Clayton homes is located at 3912 N Freeway Road, Pueblo, CO 81008. Phone Number 719-545-4266.
Clayton homes will be offering attendees special incentive for the day of the event.