We offer two Pony School sessions at Clyne: Young Foals suitable for children 4 to 7 years old, and Junior Jockeys for children 8 to 15 years old.
Learn about the care, management, and welfare of horses and ponies. Our pony school sessions are designed to prepare children to learn progressively about all aspects of horse and pony care in a fun and engaging way.
Session topics may include;
* Safety around horses and ponies, including how to approach and handle them correctly
* How to tie up and lead a horse.
* Horse and pony body language - how do they communicate?
* Breeds of horses.
* Horse colours and markings.
* Learn all about the parts of the tack and it's uses.
* Learn how to clean and care for tack.
* Learn how to groom a horse using the correct equipment.
* Horse anatomy and points.
* Foot and hoof care.
* Horse feed - what to feed and when.
* Learn which plants and food may be dangerous to the health of horses and ponies.
* How to care for a horse that lives in/out.
* How to look after an ill or injured horse or pony.
Each topic is adapted to the age group of the participants. Equine topics covered by Junior Jockeys are more in depth than the ones covered by the Young Foals. Fun and exciting games, puzzles, crafts, and challenges are introduced to help children learn through play.
Sessions are a mix of indoor and outdoor activities. Some sessions are spent with the horses and ponies, others are in a classroom style setting. Our horses and ponies are used to interacting with children of all ages, providing a safe environment for all.
The last session of each term is a celebration of everything the children have learnt. They will get a chance to ride one of our lovely horses or ponies, and take part in some fun pony based gymkhana style games. At the end of the term every participant will receive a real horseshoe which they can decorate as a unique keep sake.
Children are welcome and encouraged to enrol in more than one term in a year. Discounted sibling tickets are available. At least one adult must accompany all children under 8 years old. Adults attend free of charge!
Pony school sessions run in blocks of sessions. Choose ONE session to attend every week;
Monday afternoons (1.30pm to 3pm).
Wednesday mornings (10.30am to 12pm).
Thursday after school (4pm to 5.30pm).
Friday mornings (10.30am to 12pm).
Monday after school (4pm to 5.30pm).
Tuesday mornings (10.30am to 12pm).
Wednesday afternoons (1.30pm to 3pm).
Friday afternoons (1.30pm to 3pm).
The full term of 6 sessions cost £60 per child & £45 for siblings. If you want to try before you buy you can book a one off trial for just £10.
Check availability & book: http://bit.ly/ClyneTicket (click on 'Pony School & Horse Riding' category).
Alternative link: https://www.tickedit.com/Book/clyne-farm-centre
Or call us on 01792 403333.