MAYA Meetings Workshops presents
BRILLIANT EVERYDAY WRITING SKILLS with Lorna V
Do you need confidence to communicate in writing?
Is writing anything from a business document to a landlord complaint stressful?
Do you feel blocked when it comes to getting the words from your head onto the screen?
Do you wish when you write that your writing voice could sound like you, but then find you produce words that aren’t you?
Do you hate the way you write and believe your writing self isn’t ‘good enough’?
Have you arrived in London with perfect English, but it’s your second language and you’re struggling with non academic English?
Is much of your day taken up with the frustration of words because most of your work is by email or involves writing documents?
Are you frustrated because after all this no one reads the emails or documents properly anyway?
If you answered yes to one or more or all of the above, this intensive one day course promises to remove the headache of writing. Places are limited to guarantee personal attention.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
- Manage the time it takes to write
- Communicate swiftly
- Achieve a response
- Zap the pseudo-academic tone
- Translate the academic voice
- Strike the balance between formal and informal
- Find your written voice
YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The importance of being in the right psychological zone
- The difference between writing to present and writing to be read
- The secrets journalists use to get people reading
- The tricks bloggers use to trick people into engaging
- The story-telling techniques that you need everyday
There is no scary ‘homework’. You will apply what you learn to what you need to write daily.
ABOUT LORNA V
Journalist, author and playwright Lorna V has been lecturing in journalism and running writing workshops for over a decade.
For testimonials and more information see www.LornaV.com
*** WHERE/WHEN/HOW ***
Saturday 19 May 2018
11am – 6pm (includes 1 hour break)
Early-bird (available until 28 April): £80
Full price: £95
Assistance available upon request
Location: Colomba, 31 Oval Road, Camden Town, London NW1 7EA (Tube: Camden Town)