The Multi-faith and Spirituality Center is looking for artist(s) to create a mural in our centre! We’re looking for a creative mural that responds to the question(s):
What does spiritual/religious diversity look like to you? Visualize what spirituality looks like to you in the context of community. It can be an abstract or concrete design.
The MFSC is a place of creating and supporting community. We find strength in religious/spiritual diversity; which includes people of religious faith, agnostics, atheists and people following their own spiritual paths. We want our front hallway to have a vibrancy and sense of inclusive welcoming to all students.
The wall mural will be painted along the staircase in the entrance hallway of the Z Annex at 2090 rue Mackay. The wall is triangular in shape, measuring 11ft x 8ft x 13ft; applicants are encouraged to visit the centre to see it in person.
For questions about the project please email email@example.com
The selected artist(s) will receive an honorarium of $200.00 and a public vernissage! If the mural is completed by more than one artist, the artists will share the honorarium.
Mural Artist Selection Criteria:
• Must reflect mission of MFSC: The MFSC offers a community for students, resources for faith and spiritual practice, as well as spaces to study or relax. The MFSC promotes religious diversity and literacy; offering programs throughout the year as well as bringing people with different religious/spiritual and cultural backgrounds together.
• Strong preference of currently registered student(s) at Concordia.
• Artwork focuses on religious and spiritual diversity.
• Artwork must show respect, dignity and welcome for all people.
• Preference for environmentally sustainable materials.
• Applicants are encouraged to come and visit the MFSC and speak with staff and students about the center.
• We encourage interested individuals to attend one or some of our weekly and/or monthly events to get a feel for the space and community.
• The MFSC encourages applications from students of all backgrounds.
The mural will be selected by a committee and the decision will be final.
Applicants must submit their proposals with the following details:
• Include in the email your full name, phone number and student ID.
• Attach a Word Document with a 250-500 word description of your proposed mural which also explains the significance/symbolism of the piece.
• In the same document list attach a list of required supplies with budget. (The MFSC can provide an allowance for the costs of the needed materials such as paint or brushes).
• Attach any images, visuals or drafts of the proposed mural’s content and layout.
• All proposals must be submitted to the MFSC Interfaith Facilitator, Ashely Crouch at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Proposal for MFSC Mural”
We look forward to receiving your creative proposals!