WHERE IS IT? Based in Sosua, near Puerto Plata, on the beautiful North Coast – also known as the Costa Ambar, or Amber Coast, of the Dominican Republic, with excursions to nearby beauty spots and beaches.
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- an introductory session, and five classes covering theory and practice
- excursions to put techniques into practice in some stunning settings
- accommodation in a self-catering studio or 1-bed apartment at Condos Dominicanos in Sosua.
CLASSES AND EXCURSIONS
the sequence may vary, as described above
Class 1 - Street photography, the basics
- Finding your subject
- Optimizing natural light
Class 2 – Night shooting
- Flash synchronization
- Capture fire, paint with light and sparkles
- Learn how to manipulate light and capture and develop the perfect night photo.
Class 3 – Smartphone photography
- Adding depth
Class 4 – Fine art and fashion
- Bring an interesting object you have found or bought locally
- Style it, arrange it into a stunning shot
- Combination shots
- Working with a model
Class 5 – Nature – water, flora and (hopefully) fauna
- Teaching on location
- Full-day excursion
Please note: if weather conditions make it necessary, the sequence of the excursions, and therefore also of the classes, may be changed. If bad weather makes one or more excursions impossible, alternative options will be provided.
Excursion 1 – The streets of Sosua.
Sosua is full of character and characters, color and movement.
- The main drag – Pedro Clisante
- Down to the beach – shops and galleries, hustlers and hookers, expats and tourists
- The beach – the stores, restaurants, sand and water – a unique experience
Excursion 2 – full day excursion to visit a village in the campo, and a waterfall and lake, with a model
(approx. 1 hour travel each direction)
- Combining all you have learned
- Water, movement, model, colors, light
- We will stop on the way for lunch as a group.
Night-time shoot – Evening excursion to an abandoned resort.
When possible, this will be timed to be the night of a full moon.
- Shooting at different heights, with reflections in water, flying sparks
- A model will accompany us – learn to work with a model
- Followed by drinks on Cabarete beach, an endless source of inspiration