NEW DATE WITH SPACES AVAILABLE, BOOK TODAY!
Advanced Molecular Gastronomy is for those who would have already learned the basics of this exciting cooking style and are wanting to take their skills to the next level.
This 3-hour course is very hands-on where Brian Steel will teach you to prepare a stunning 3-course meal that you will all share upon completion.
The kitchen will look like a science lab but the culinary results will blow your mind!
Incorporated into the menu are techniques that include
Hot Savoury Ice-Cream
Sous Vide Checkerboard Fish Fillet
Singapore Crab and Ramen Bun
Steamed Bun (without the bun!)
Edible Cling Film
2 Minute Gelato
Ingredients used in this course include (we’ll assume you already know the language of this Modernist Cuisine!)
ABOUT THE CHEF:
Brian Steel has a Cordon Bleu Master’s Degree in Gastronomy, and more than a decade’s worth of knowledge and experience with modernist cuisine, its foundations and techniques. Brian’s Molecular Gastronomy expertise is now highly sought after by both chefs and home cooks alike. He has collaborated globally in this field, and regularly consults with chefs and restaurateurs to help in the development of new dishes with a modern twist.
His classes will provide you with the foundational knowledge and skills to create such things spherifications, hot gels, flavoured noodles, soils / powders, and hot and cold foams. This will provide you with the confidence to explore what is an exciting area of cooking, which simply centres on a better understanding of both method and ingredients.
No matter what the approach, from a simple braise to a highly complex molecular dish, Brian’s basic philosophy is the same: it needs to taste fantastic.
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
3. Registration is from 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
4. All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
5. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us prior to booking on 02 9555 8300.
Click here to view our full terms and conditions.