What? Each weekday, over 60% of students enrolled in Bremerton elementary schools are provided free or reduced price breakfasts and lunches. This means that many young students in our own community do not have access to daily food and other necessities. The Backpack Project is a simple way to help young students succeed by providing food and other supplies.
How? This week take your shopping list and go purchase some items. Then drop off your donations by Sunday, April 15th.
When? Donations can be dropped off in anytime during one of our church services (9:00 & 10:45) at Coram Deo Church on April 8th or 15th. We will be collecting food donations over the next few weeks. Donations may also be dropped off at Habitat for Humanity in East Bremerton if you do not plan on attending service next weekend.
Why? Because live in a beautiful community and this is a great opportunity to invest in others.
Suggested Donation List:
- Tuna, chicken, or beans(canned)
- Dinner mix boxes (chicken, tuna, or beef "helper")
- Chili, ravioli, spaghetti, etc.(canned)
- Mac & cheese/Rice-a-Roni
- Mashed potatoes (instant)
- Dried fruit (raisins, craisins, etc.)
- Pasta/dried beans/rice
- Pasta sauces (no glass containers)
- Top ramen/Cup O Noodles
- Hot cereal (ind. serving packets)
- Cold cereal (large boxes)
- Hot chocolate/hot cider (ind. sized packets)
- Juices (boxed - 100% juice)
- Granola bars/cookie packs/popcorn (ind. serving packets)
- Peanut Butter (no glass containers)
- Jelly or jam (no glass containers)
- Soup (canned)
- Sample size hygiene items