** PRIVATE EVENT ** this event is booked out for a private group. Please click interested if you would like to be sent an invite for the future public events or this nature.
An evening spent, in a safe and beautiful space with others who are ready to share in their experience of losing a loved one.
Grief is a powerful emotional rollercoaster, an individual journey of highs and lows. With such stigma in our society and culture attached to death and grief and how we should be, act and feel about it - we are rarely given the space to share, celebrate, laugh and cry for those we have lost in a way that empowers and heals us.
This will be an opportunity to recreate our experience of loss, to share and celebrate the lives of the loved ones we wish to honour and to acknowledge and explore the depths of our grief and emotions with others who wish to do the same.
What can you expect from the evening?
- A peaceful and relaxed environment, in an outdoor enclosed setting in Scarborough.
- A small group of women who wish to share in the experience of honouring the passages of time of those lost.
- A memorial alter, where you can bring sacred items, photos or special memorabilia so we can share with one another and acknowledge each others loss.
- A personal candle and holder to light in memory and to take away with you.
- Time and space to share stories of our loved ones, the good, bad and the ugly!
- An opportunity to express ourselves through creative painting, whether that be to explore our grief or celebrate life. Take away your creation on a canvas (no previous painting skills required).
- To chose from a small selection of Crystals and infuse your stone with the energy of the evening in memory of your loved one, and chose from a selection of handcrafted crystal keepers to set your stone in to take with you and wear whenever you wish.
- Messages from the Angels with a card reading.
- A celebration of life, for those we have lost, our own and each others! Expect some tears and laughter!
- Special food and a glass or wine or two if you feel inclined, or some herbal teas if not.
- Supportive aromatherapy to create a safe space for the processing of any emotional releasing that needs to occur.
- Full emotional support from the facilitator and assistant if required before, during and after the event.
My personal journey with grief began 6 years ago, when I lost my dear 52 year Mum to an extremely aggressive brain tumour, that look her life only 8 days after diagnosis. As you can imagine, it totally turned my world upside down. At the time I felt I had lost, not only my Mum but my best friend, my soul mate, my sister.
My life changed dramatically after losing her. I moved to the other side of the world. I quit my decade long career as a Police Officer and began a remarkable journey of healing and self discovery.
I now operate a healing business from home, where I hold the space for people to rediscover themselves newly, to remove the limitations of their belief systems and to reconnect them back to what it really means to be alive.
The workshops I offer are creative in nature, to realign ourselves with our deepest aspect of our unconscious mind, our younger selves.
My journey has lead me down the path of the enquiry into passages of time throughout our lives, especially in birth and dying. Whilst my experience of losing Mum was the most heartbreaking, it was also one of the most beautiful and powerful experiences of my life. During the past 6 years I have recreated my relationship with my Mum several times over and now I feel more connected, in tune and close to her than ever before.
After meeting Lisa and her beautiful Mum Barbara last year through our Youth Working roles, I was inspired to explore the possibility of there being much more to my grief than met the eye and I find myself delving deeper into the exploration of new possibilities for us and our relationship to death and those we have lost.
There is much to be learned about the celebration of life and in the mourning of the dead and little by little the recreation of our relationship with death and those who have passed, can be changed into far more than we can imagine, allowing ourselves a deeper understanding of those passed, ourselves and the world around us and in turn allowing a richer experience of life.
Price for this event has been set for $75, to cover the cost of materials, food and wine/teas.
There will be a maximum of 6 people attend plus myself.
This is a pilot event and the discounted prices is reflective of this. Your honest feedback will be openly received to ensure that any future workshops of this kind can be of the biggest contribution to those who attend.
Please let me know of any food allergies or dietary requirements that need to be catered for.
This event will be held at an address in Scarborough, which will be sent privately to those attending.
Please contact myself through private messenger or mobile 0401403806 if you would like further information or to connect prior to the evening.
Much love to you all and I look forward to sharing this extraordinarily beautiful and heartfelt evening with you all.
If you would like to be invited to future workshops like this one, please express any interest in the comments section below, via messenger or text message and I will be in touch.