Help support Culpeper Renaissance, Inc. during Give Local Piedmont on May 1st
Help Culpeper Renaissance, Inc. (CRI) continues its vital work in making Culpeper downtown a vibrant, fun and exciting place to live, work and play! CRI is a 501c3 charitable designated Virginia Main Street organization charged with supporting the growth and vitality of Culpeper's historic commercial district, the downtown.
In 2017, CRI had a banner year, achieving its goals towards the continued Downtown revitalization, which would have not been possible without the support of our community.
These accomplishments include:
• Management of the E.B Wood Community Park to include weed prevention, new seasonal plants, replacement plants, replacement umbrella, and park clean up.
• Received state wide Best Downtown Public Improvement Project award for the E. B. Wood Community Park project by the Virginia Main Street program, managed by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development
• Management of the Culpeper Downtown Farmers Market
• Completed the first mural installation of the Culpeper Downtown Walls Mural Project
• Purchase and management of downtown Holiday décor (light pole wreaths and garland, snowfall lights, community tree lights, holiday banners)
• Purchase and management of downtown light pole flower baskets
• Attracted 16,450 potential shoppers/dinners to downtown through special events
• A total of 3,563 volunteer hours were invested in the downtown district through CRI programs
• Host a full calendar of community events including:
Culpeper Downtown Carnival
Culpeper Downtown Restaurant Week - March and October
Gnarly Hops & Barley Fest
Culpeper Downtown Farmers Market - every Saturday May 5 - November 17 (special event activities throughout the season)
Culpeper Downtown 3rd Thursday Summer Concert Series - May, June, July and August
Culpeper Block Party; Hop N Hog
Culpeper Downtown Halloween Trick-or-Treating
Culpeper Downtown Holiday Open House
Culpeper Downtown Small Business Saturday
With your continued support, and through additional grant and donation opportunities, CRI will be able to continue to make Culpeper the exciting and vibrant place that it is. With your help our list of projects will continue to grow and will help ensure a growing economic climate for Culpeper.
It’s quick and easy to do. On Tuesday, May 1 2018, go to www.givelocalpiedmont.org/CRI where you can choose the amount you want to donate from $10 on up. All donations made on May 1st give CRI the opportunity to earn bonus dollars. New this year: donors can schedule their donations starting April 17th!
If you do not want to give online, checks and cash can be dropped off at the CRI office from 9am – 4:30pm on May 1st. Checks must be made out to the Northern Piedmont Community Foundation, with the designated charity (CRI) written in the memo line.
For Please contact the CRI office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-825-4416 with any questions about this event.