National Library Week is April 8-14, Cumberland County Public Library & Information Center joins libraries in schools, campuses and communities nationwide to highlight the efforts of libraries, librarians and library workers.
Everyone is encouraged to take selfies at their library or local participating businesses and post using #iheartmylibrary. Using the hashtag, tell us why you love your library and be featured on the library’s social media. Also, stop by your favorite downtown businesses for great library giveaways and discounts.
For the second year in a row, local businesses have united to celebrate those who love their library, ensuring a place where knowledge thrives for generations to come. These businesses are providing special discounts and offers to customers who visit during National Library Week and show their library card.
For those without a library card who want to take advantage of promotions, please visit any library location. Businesses offering promotions during the week are:
• Lodestone Art & Antiques (223 West Russell Street) – bookmarks made with beads and charms with any purchase and presentation of library card
• Pressed - A Creative Space (120 Hay Street) – special edition book tote with $25 purchase when you show your library card! *while supplies last
• Rude Awakening coffee house (227 Hay Street) - a Free piece of baklava with purchase
• The Coffee Cup (108 Hay Street) - 10% off of coffee and tea beverages
• White Trash & colorful accessories (223 Franklin Street) - 25% off books
• Winterbloom Tea (218 Hay Street) - 20% off loose leaf tea
• FUSION SALON (304 Hay Street) - $5 eye brow wax
• NY Bagel Cafe & Deli - Fayetteville, NC (105 Hay Street) - 10% off total order
• A Bit of Carolina (306 Hay Street) - 1 free comic book and/or 20% off a t-shirt
• CityCenter GalleryandBooks (112 Hay Street) – 20% off note cards, used books and select photographs and art reproductions
For more information about National Library Week and the free programs and services at your library, visit www.cumberland.lib.nc.us or call 483-7727.
*Some restrictions may apply and vary by business. Visit cumberland.lib.nc.us for the most current list of participating businesses.