Each year, the Dance Council of North Texas celebrates the accomplishments of individuals for their lifetime contribution; artistic and educational achievement; and service to the community.
. . .
MARY MCLARRY BYWATERS AWARD FOR LIFETIME CONTRIBUTION TO DANCE
DCNT’s highest award is presented to someone having made lifelong, significant contributions to the art of dance. Organizations that support dance and/or someone having given major financial support to the dance community are also eligible for this award.
NATALIE SKELTON AWARD FOR ARTISTIC EXCELLENCE
The Natalie honors a younger person who is an emerging artist and active in the dance world. The recipient has been recognized for artistic excellence in her/his chosen area.
MARY WARNER AWARD FOR SERVICE TO DANCE
The Warner award honors an individual or organization for longtime service to the dance community in any activity that is essential to the dance enterprise.
LARRY WHITE DANCE EDUCATOR AWARD
The White award recognizes an individual who has made exemplary, inspiring or innovative contributions to their students’ development and/or to dance as arts education in Texas.
BUSTER COOPER TAP LEGEND
This individual is recognized for exemplary contributions as a dancer, director, and/or choreographer who advances, promotes and celebrates tap dancing, America’s original dance form.
. . .
• Only Dance Council of North Texas members nominate individuals for the prestigious Honor Awards.
• DCNT membership is not required to receive a Dance Council Honor.
• DCNT Board of Directors and staff are not eligible to receive Honors.
• A candidate may be nominated for only one award per year. If not selected, the candidate will be considered for two more years. The Nominators may share updates of their candidate’s accomplishments each year.
• The Dance Council Honors Committee selects the Honors Award recipients.
. . .
Prepare a letter of nomination that describes the candidate and explains why you feel the person is ready for the award. Please note: If the requested information is not complete, the candidate will not be considered for DCNT Honors.
Include the following items:
• One to two page résumé of the nominee
• Two letters of recommendation
• Optional: High resolution .jpg headshot photograph
Email the documents to: Shelby Campbell: firstname.lastname@example.org and Christie Bondade: email@example.com by Monday, April 30 at 11:59 pm.
Nominee portfolios received after April 30 will be held over to 2019.
. . .
LEARN MORE: http://www.thedancecouncil.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=752324&module_id=32934