Casual, artist-focused place to practice the flow* and fire arts. Bring your props, skill toys, and beautiful selves.
Purpose: This is meant to be a safe space to foster idea exchange and the practice of flow arts and fire dancing, without the expectation of performance (but of course performance is welcome).
IF YOU WISH TO SPIN FIRE:
- Make yourself known so we can get to know you before you light up.
- You must sign a waiver and you will be required to attend a safety briefing.
- Bring your own fuel and safety equipment (I will have some extra spill cans and duvetyne on hand).
- Act as a safety/spotter for the next person who wishes to light up.
- Wear appropriate clothing - cotton or another organic material.
- I expect you to observe all of the safety precautions that you would at a professional gig or other fire event.
If you’re new to fire dancing or want to learn, feel free to reach out to KC Allen about getting equipment, safety considerations, and how to get more involved.
*What are Flow Arts?
Flow Arts can be defined as a integration of prop manipulation and creative, improvised movements. With practice, it becomes a moving meditation that can bring us into a 'Flow State' where our creativity, peace of mind and performance are enhanced.