This three-part course uncovers the marketing basics needed to turn creative ideas into successful businesses.
How do you turn a creative idea into a successful business? Whether it’s setting up a design studio, digital agency, or running a gallery, knowing the basics of business is an essential part of launching a new venture.
Led by Creative Entrepreneurs, this is the third in the ‘Start-Up Essentials’ series. This three-part course will dig deep into the key elements of marketing. Through seminar discussions and hands-on activities, participants will gain the skills and knowledge they need to begin to turn their creative ideas into business reality.
Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Your Brand
• Overview: What is a brand?
• Defining your brand’s DNA
• Developing your brand’s positioning
• Building a brand tone of voice and key messaging
• Developing a brand look and feel
• Creating a brand customer experience
Session Two: Communications & PR
• Overview: What is communications and why is it crucial to marketing your startup?
• Engaging journalists and influencers
• How to write a press release
• Introduction to content marketing
• Crisis management
Session Three: Social Media
• Overview: What is social media marketing?
• Introduction to marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
• Introduction to video content marketing
• Building paid social ad campaigns
• Measuring and monitoring your social media presence; key metrics, monitoring tools and approaches to reporting
About Creative Entrepreneurs
Creative Entrepreneurs brings together, for the first time in one place, the resources, inspiration and networks creative people need to turn their ideas into successful businesses.