Straight from New York City, we have the a delightful folk group No Fuss and Feathers for their very first show at Doodad Farm. And this will be our first outdoor show of 2018!
NO FUSS AND FEATHERS is the “heck-of-a-good-time” collaboration hatched by CATHERINE MILES & JAY MAFALE, KARYN OLIVER, and CAROLANN SOLEBELLO. Shaken or stirred, NFF serves up a dynamic, cohesive cocktail of delicious harmonies, infectious rhythm, and spontaneous hilarity — with award-winning songwriting always at center stage. Individually, the four are nationally touring performers who have charted at the top of Folk and Americana radio and appeared at some of the nation’s most respected festivals. Collectively, they are an incorrigible bunch of musical co-conspirators bent on giving their audience an unforgettable show. Their first CD, Traveling Circus, was released in January 2016.
High Point native Jack Gorham will open the show. He allows his imagination to shape ideas and stray bits of reality into songs that offer a compelling blend of fact and fiction. His piano accompaniment serves to accentuate the message of his tunes and is just as likely to make an audience tap its toes and dance as it is to lead them to think about time, place or love in an unexpected way. Gorham’s music draws comparisons to artists as far flung as Billy Joel and Randy Newman to Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits.
EVERYONE is invited! GATES OPEN AT 7 pm, but really, you can show up even earlier if you want to hang out our help out. The music will begin about 7:30pm.
Please spread the word about this event through every means available, and let’s see if we can drum up at least 1000 invitations to this event!
• Kids, dogs, and even mothers-in-law are always welcome as long as they behave themselves.
• Bring your own beverages, picnics, whatever you want. Bring a chair, also.
• Smoking is permitted as long as you don’t bother anyone or do any butt-dropping.
• Please clean up after yourself and treat the Farm as if it’s your own (in a way, it is!).
• Toilets and drinking water will be available.
• Let someone help you park, especially if the field is wet
• We do not permit weapons of any sort, nor is there ever a need for them.
• Call Dean at 336 260-7999 if you have any questions.