Please join us at the Pelvic Floor & Core Workshop for the Female Athlete on April 21, at 9:30am.
This workshop will benefit female athletes, specifically pregnant, postpartum (postpartum is forever!) and anyone experiencing pelvic floor dysfunction or simply wants to understand their core system better! This workshop will also benefit coaches training pregnant, postpartum, or any athlete experiencing pelvic floor dysfunction by learning strategies, modifications/considerations, and understanding common pelvic floor and core dysfunction. Utilizing the core and pelvic floor together, along with proper breathing techniques, can improve performance in all athletes.
Pelvic pain, abdominal doming/coning, and incontinence is common, however it is not normal. This workshop will explain the benefits of Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy, the physiology of the pelvic floor, core, and diaphragm, Dr. Julie Wiebe’s piston breath, and introduce strategies/considerations to help athletes prevent, heal, or minimize pelvic floor and core dysfunction.
Topics will include:
• What is the Pelvic Floor & Core?
• Common Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions- Diastasis Recti, Incontinence, Prolapse
• Breathing and Alignment (Dynamic and Foundational Piston breath strategy)
• Athlete Mindset during Pregnancy & Postpartum (4th trimester)
• Movement Strategy & Considerations
• Coaching the Pregnant & Postpartum Athlete
• What you need to know to start staying dry while running, jumping, and lifting!
• Diastasis Check
Tickets are $30 and can be found using this link:
This event is hosted by:
Dr. Gina Yeager, PT, DPT, Board Certified Womens Health Physical Therapy (WCS), of Colorado in Motion
Kate Johnson- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer of Double Diamond CrossFit, Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism Coach
Double Diamond CrossFit