WESTFIELD, N.Y. – The 2018 Vintage Book and Paper Show & Sale returns to Westfield the first weekend of May. The annual event will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Westfield's Eason Hall (23 Elm St.) on Saturday, May 5, featuring a room full of dealers.
Presented by the Chautauqua County Historical Society and organized by CCHS trustee and show chairman Bob Johnston, the Book and Paper Show will feature an estimated 20 different dealers who will be on hand selling vintage and rare books, historic maps, old photographs, postcards, posters, sports memorabilia, and much more. There will also be local and regional history items for sale. All are invited to come and take advantage of what can turn into quite the treasure hunt for historical, artistic, and cultural items of interest.
Books are once again a key component of the event, with various dealers selling rare books, hard-to-find classic first editions along with modern first editions, children’s books and various types of history books – including local and regional history. In addition to local books, there will also be local photographs, postcards and other items.
This year’s vendors include:
• Carol Abendschein (Lancaster, NY) - Postcards, Ephemera
• Jack Ericson (Westfield, NY): Communitarian, Ephemera, Prints, Decorative Arts
• William Pope (Erie, PA) - Fiction, Children Books, Sheet Music
• Ed Schaefer (Maple Springs, NY) - Postcards
• Kevin Ransom (Amherst, NY) - Antiquarian Books, Modern First Editions, Children's and Illustrated Books, Western New York Titles
• John Weekly (Fredonia, NY) - Antiquarian Books
• John Claypool and Mark Steg (Erie, PA) - Antiquarian Books
• Duane Test (Pittsburgh, PA) - Photographs, Ephemera, Postcards, Billheads
• Sinclair (Dunkirk, NY) – Postcards
• Hopper Historics / Bob Hopper (Falls Church, VA) - Manuscripts/Archives, Ephemera, Photography, Original Art on Paper, Maps and Some Books
• Bob Johnston (Jamestown, NY) - Postcards, Ephemera
• Adams Collectibles / Jeff Adams (Fredonia, NY) - Chautauqua County, New York State and general History Books and Ephemera
• Max Bellard (Pennsylvania) - Military, police and fire collectibles, paper and ephemera
• Richard Price (Buffalo, NY) - Antique paper goods include photographs, ephemera, framed etchings and lithographs, sheet music, etc.
• Willow Patch Books / Tim Tatakis (Rochester, NY) - Natural History, Science, General Fiction
• Chautauqua County Historical Society (Westfield, NY) - Local History Books, Information related to The Chautauqua County Historical Society and The McClurg Museum, WWII-era Life Magazines
• Chautauqua County Genealogical Society / Wayne Leamer (Chautauqua Co., NY) - Chautauqua County Genealogy Books, Literature, Contacts
• Deb Eck (Jamestown, NY) - Book Binder and Installation Artist
• Ken Springirth (Local and Regional Railroad Book Author) - Western Pennsylvania, New York, and Northeastern Ohio Railroad and Trolley Car Book Signing.
Anyone interested in signing up as a dealer for this year’s event or a future Book and Paper Show can contact Johnston at (716) 338-5051.
Admission to the event is $5, Students $3, and children 12 and under admitted free when accompanied by an adult. All proceeds being used to benefit the Chautauqua County Historical Society and its programs. Door prizes will be given out to all who pay to attend.
Eason Hall is located across the street from the McClurg Museum, home of the County Historical Society. There are also antique businesses in the immediate downtown Westfeld area.
For more information, including directions and general inquiries, please visit www.BookAndPaperShow.com or contact the historical society at (716) 326-2977. For more information on the historical society, visit www.McClurgMuseum.org.