At Eataly's butcher counter, we source our meat from clean, sustainable farms and ranches where the animals graze daily in open pastures and are humanely handled. We believe that the health of both the animals and the land on which they are raised have a direct impact on the quality and flavor of the meat once it reaches your table.
In this class, our head butcher will introduce guests to the art of making sausages so that you can mix, stuff, and serve the perfect links at home. We'll discuss how to source the freshest and most sustainable meat and you will learn standard recipes and ratios for various Italian pork salsicce. Choosing from some typical ingredients such as black pepper, fennel seeds, and chili flakes, you’ll then create your own spice mixture to shape and stuff into casings. During class, we will also serve guests a complimentary Italian antipasto with your choice of wine, beer, or a non-alcoholic beverage. After you try your hand at making your own sausages to take home, our Scuola chef will serve up a fresh pasta course featuring a pork ragú. In this class, guests will:
Learn about the process of making sausages with Eataly Boston’s head butcher.
- Enjoy an Italian antipasto sourced from Eataly’s Salumi and Formaggi counter along with your choice of wine, beer, or a non-alcoholic beverage.
- Create your own sausage mixture sourcing from a selection of typical ingredients
- Stuff your own sausage links to take home
- Finish class by indulging in a fresh pasta dish featuring Eataly’s housemade sausages paired with wine chosen by one of our talented sommeliers
- Take home adapted recipes