Cost is $45 and can be paid at the studio or contact us through messenger. Reserve your spot today.
Realign the Spine with the Shakti Yoga
Are you one of the millions of Americans who suffer from CLBP Chronic Low Back Pain? In these current times this growing epidemic is causing great spinal curve distortions mostly due to bad postural habits.
Many of us sit, drive and look down at a screen a lot through our day. This prolonged rounding in the spine has caused postural compensation patterns in the body that will take time and a mindful approach to unwind and release. For this workshop, our slow gentle process towards realigning the spine will be primarily focused around the use of the latest and greatest prop-the Shakti Yoga Wheel. In this workshop
• introduce the Shakti Yoga Wheel and why it’s different
• briefly discuss the anatomy and function of the physical spine
• explore pranayama (breath work) techniques that highlight imbalances along the shushumna (energetic spine)
• guide a comprehensive wheel-centered asana practice that includes: deep stretches, forward folds, twists, leg strengthening, and restorative postures.
• reserve plenty of time for Q&A and helpful customized “homework” for each body.
*Wheels to borrow will be supplied and for possible purchase through me directly.*
More about Amber Saplin:
Amber’s yoga journey began in 1998. She instantly fell in love with how the practice allowed her mind, body and soul to harmoniously unite. These feelings were foreign to her competitive nature from years of athletics. She found a regular yoga practice to be just the counterbalance she needed. Finally, after many years and many yogic journeys she heeded to the call of teaching. Amber is an E-500 hr RYT. Her first 200 hours were through YogaWorks and an additional 500+ with SmartFLOW by Annie Carpenter. The training she has received through her master instructor, Annie, gives her the necessary tools and confidence to provide each student with proper alignment, intelligent sequencing, and creative individualized transformational techniques. You’ll find Amber’s classes to be uplifting in nature~always seeking the balance. Bringing yoga to the masses is truly her joy to share with everyone.