Ben Chonzie is a great Munro to start with if you have never climbed one before. There is a good wide path almost the whole way to the top, this path is at an easy gradient initially, but closer to the top it gets quite steep, and will be tough if you are not used to hills. We leave the track about 2km from the top, and follow a path upwards to the remains of a fence line. It is then easy walking along the plateau to the summit. Once at the summit there are stunning 360 views, especially towards the North & West.
- I will meet you car park in Glen Lednock (GR 743 273) at 9:30am.
- Moderate fitness is required.
- The walk is 12km, with 700m of ascent.
- I expect the walk to take between 4 and 5hrs.
- 10 places available.
- Tickets £25.
- Once you have booked your place, I will email further details and a recommended kit list for the day.
For more information or to book your place please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org