God as "the Holy": Beyond "God as Sentient Being"
Many of us first saw God as an old man with a long white beard, residing in heaven, surrounded by adoring angels. As we have progressed in our faith journey, we may no longer believe in this anthropomorphic conception of God, but what remains?
This series explores Christian and other faith traditions who believe that the Divine is inside each of us, rather than a sentient Being outside of us.
Topics we will explore include:
- Christian theologians who argue for a non-personified Divine.
- Parallel teachings in other faith traditions, such as Buddhism.
- Human possibilities including "Christ consciousness" and enlightenment.
- Implications for the meaning of suffering in our lives and in the world.
- What is prayer if there is no One to pray to?
- Can there still be salvation or life after death?
Led by Bill Bruck. All are welcome.