"There is no greater disability in society, than an inability to see a person as more".
Through our event, we invite YOU and your friends/families to join us to change your perception towards people with disabilities. There will be a series of talks, activities booth with sure win fun, movie screening and also story telling by a famous writer Ms Eva Wong Nava on a book turned movie "Open: A Boy's Wayang Adventure". You can also enjoy free guided tour conducted by staff of Enabling Village to know more about the space!
Run down of the event:
● Story telling of "Open: A Boy's Wayang Adventure by author Ms Eva Wong Nava
● Sharing of Dyslexia by Ms Chen Wei Teng, author of “Murphy, See How You Shine!”
● Talk by Judy Wee, Consultant – “Dreams do Matter”
● Awareness talk by Disabled People Association
Highlight in booths and activities:
● Blind Art where you can experience making an art work while being blindfolded
● Be Kind SG bringing in free lovely bouquets wrapping and craft work activities
●ActiveSG conducting a para game called Goal Bell
Movie Screening of Theory of Everything" (from 3pm-5pm)
● Know more about the lives of Stephen Hawking through a movie titled "Theory of Everything". The film describes the life of Stephen Hawking after he found out of his illness and how he managed to cope with that despite the illness.
The film received positive reviews, with praise for the musical score, cinematography, and the performance of Felicity Jones and especially Eddie Redmayne, which earned him nominations for a variety of accolades in award shows and film festivals; including winning the Academy Award for Best Actor.
This is a part II of our mass escape game at https://www.facebook.com/events/2013091248953641/