***** DEADLINE APRIL 5th 23:59 *****
How would you like to be a part of one of the largest student networks in Europe, with 15,000 active members, 530 section (such as ESN Malmö), in 40 countries, offering services to over 220 000 international students?
Are you one of those go-do, active persons with a big international heart? Do you simply love to be around people, and enjoy a bit of cultural exchange through international events?
We are looking for you!
More information below and on www.esnmalmo.org
*WHO ARE WE?*
ESN Malmö is a local section of Erasmus Student Network, the biggest non-profit student organisation in Europe. Our section works as an association in Malmö University, under the Student Union. Our mission is to represent international students, and thus provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students. We strive to support our incoming- and outgoing exchange students, but also to bring international and intercultural experiences to all students in Malmö!
If you want more information of ESN as an organisation, please visit: http://esn.org/
*WHAT DO WE DO? *
Working in close cooperation with the International Office, we plan and organise the introduction weeks for 80 - 300 international students at the start of each semester. The introduction weeks include orientation, and social events, with the goal of giving the best possible 'Welcome' to Malmö.
Additionally, we work actively through the semesters, organising other fun events, such as Cottage Weekend, ESN Sea Battle and Laser Tag, and offering student trips to Lapland and Russia. We also constantly act as the instance that students can reach out to, would they have any troubles with the life in their new home country.
We are constantly working on new local events and collaborations, so if you are filled with good ideas on what to do around Malmö, we are gonna love you!
Last but not least, helping others is not all we do. Being in ESN will allow you the possibility to partake in numerous events arranged all over Europe for the members of the organisation. These events may involve platforms, trainings, position gatherings, Annual Meetings (think 800+ ESNers in a single meeting!), and we as a local section will do our best to offer the possibility of joining these events to our board members. To put it simply - being an ESN'er means travelling and new people!
*HOW DOES THE BOARD WORK? *
We are now looking for new board members for the academic year 2018-2019. The board works closely together, and although you will have your specific position, your fellow board members will support and help you with whatever you might need.
Each board member also takes equally part in planning and arranging the activities, so you will always be in the centre of action, and an equal part of everything we do.
Now is the time to look deep into yourself, what are your best qualities and what position suits you best?
Keep in mind, that we do NOT expect any professional experience from you - enthusiasm and curiosity will get you far.
What matters the most to us, is your motivation and international spirit!
The only basic qualifications you need to fulfil are:
- You are a student in Malmö University
- You are a member of the Student Union and ESN*
(* ESN Malmö membership if for a small fee only, is valid for a year and we will help arrange it for you)
*WHAT POSITIONS CAN I APPLY TO?*
The available positions and their descriptions are:
- Overall strategic responsibility for the development of ESN Malmö
- Board’s main executive force
- Overall representation of the association, responsibility for monitoring all the activities and
administration in the association.
- Holds the position of Education Officer, which means being the main contact with the International Office and Student Union of Malmö Högskola.
- Acting as local partnership manager and responsible for contact with business partners and other
- Writing and distribution of the agenda before the board meetings
- Replacement when the president cannot fulfil his/her responsibilities
- Assistance of the president and looking upon the association
- Responsible for the economic administration in ESN Malmö
- Designing the budget proposal and the operational plan for each semester together with the rest of the board
Local Representative/Sea Battle Coordinator
- Main contact between ESN International, ESN Sweden and ESN Malmö, communicating among the three and coordinating relevant events
- Managing the promotion and communication of ESN Sea Battle on the local level.
Communication Manager / Web Project Administrator
- Strategic responsibility for the public relations of ESN Malmö
- Working to increase the visibility of ESN Malmö
- Continuously updating the communication channels of ESN Malmö; website, Facebook, etc.
- Responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of activities and events
- Responsible for the contact and maintaining contact with the active members
- Responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of ESN Malmö and ESN AISBL project such as; Language Exchange , ExchangeAbility and SocialErasmus.
*HOW DO I APPLY? *
Apply before April 5, 23:59 CEST by sending your CV and a short Motivational Letter (max. 1 page, in English) to email@example.com.
The subject of your email should state your name, and the position you are applying to.
Interviews for the positions will take place April 9 to 11. The new board will be officially announced at our Annual General Meeting April 11, 17:30 CEST!
Would you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to contact us. You can send us a private message on Facebook ("ESN Malmö"), or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as possible! You can also check out all the current board members at http://esnmalmo.org/meet-esn-malm%C3%B6
Similarly, If you are interested in a specific position and would like to know more about it, simply contact us, and we can put you into contact with the current or past position holder.
We are looking forward to hearing from YOU, and forming a new, awesome board!
With kind regards,
The ESN Malmö Board