On April 28th 2018, Evolve Physiotherapist Jessica Maguire will be facilitating a Core and Pelvic Floor Workshop for women at our centre in Byron Bay.
The workshop is suitable for all women, but especially those whom have had or are preparing to have children. It’s perfect for women looking to transition back into high intensity training safely in the two years following pregnancy. It will also benefit any woman who has experienced pelvic floor dysfunction such as incontinence.
It will educate on the best ways the strengthen the pelvic floor, pelvic stabilisers, hips and deep abdominal area both pre and post-natally.
Information will include:
- learn how best to strengthen the pelvic floor. This is the sling supporting your Bub throughout your pregnancy and needs special attention at this time
- learn the specific exercise guidelines for safely exercising throughout your pregnancy, and what types of training to avoid
- learn how to minimise pelvic floor tearing, abdominal separation and lower back and pelvic pain throughout your pregnancy.
- learn how to rebuild your body’s alignment for optimal health of your muscles and joints post birth
- learn how to rebuild your body from the inside out, specifically the pelvic floor, pelvic stabilisers, hips and deep abdominals
- learn how to assess for an abdominal separation (diastasis) and why it makes it so hard to tone the lower abdominals
- learn how to safely transition back into higher intensity exercise without putting yourself at risk of incontinence, injury or lower back pain
Date: Saturday April 28th, 2018
Time: 9-10:30am @ The Evolve Wellness Centre.
Cost: $25 (health fund rebates avail), bookings are essential
Contact: email@example.com / 0416749746