Summer 2018 Fair Oaks Theatre Festival auditions
Mary Poppins directed by Michael Coleman
April 29th 2-6pm and April 30th 7-10pm
No need to prepare music we will teach audition songs from Mary Poppins.
Please bring a headshot, clothes and shoes to dance in: jazz, character or tennis shoes
Rehearsals will be start the beginning of May. Performance dates: June 15 – Aug. 5 Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
Interested in working backstage please contact us!
Location: 7991 California Blvd, Fair Oaks Ca 95628
Questions please contact Artistic Director, Beth Duggan at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mary Poppins – (ages 20-40) the namesake and lead female character. Her last name describes her behavior, because she tends to "pop in" and "pop out" of children's lives whenever she pleases. She has the ability to perform magic.
• Bert – (ages 20-40) the narrator and leading man. A "jack of all trades", it is hinted he possesses some magic ability as well, or at least knows all about the magical world that Mary Poppins comes from.
• Winifred Banks – (ages 25-45) the wife of George Banks, and mother to Jane and Michael
• George Banks – (ages 30-50) the husband of Winifred, and father of Jane and Michael Banks. George grew up in a very strict and stern household.
• Jane Banks – (ages 8-14) the eldest of George and Winifred, she is messy and having a bad temper.
• Michael Banks – (ages 6-12) the son of George and Winifred. He is a mischievous little boy who likes to play pranks on his nannies and not follow the rules. He longs for more attention and time with his father.
• Mrs. Clara Brill – (ages 30-60) the maid for the Banks family. She is overworked and often stressed due to the behavior of the children and the demands placed on her by Mr. and Mrs. Banks.
• Robertson Ay – (ages 20-40) the houseboy for the Banks family.
• Miss Euphemia Andrew – (ages 35-60) George Banks' former nanny. She is a very mean and strict nanny, the antagonist of the story.
• Mrs. Clara Corry – (ages 30-50) a magical woman who operates a magical pop-up, she leads the chorus.
• The Bird Woman – (ages 55+) a beggar woman who is dressed in rags and looks disheveled. She sits on the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral in London everyday, selling bags of crumbs for a tuppence.
• Miss Lucinda Emily Lark – (ages 55+) the eccentric elderly lady that lives in an elaborate home next door to the Banks family.
• Park Keeper – (any age) The gruff but lovable watchman of the park.
• Neleus – (any age – dancer) a statue in the park across from the Banks house. Jane and Michael have often stood under the statue and played on it. When Mary Poppins arrives, she brings Neleus to life.
• Bank Chairman - (ages 35-55) George Banks' boss, head of the bank.
• Valentine - Jane's favorite doll., he is brought to life by Mary Poppins.
• Admiral Boom – (ages 55+) a retired sea captain that lives in a grand house next door to the Banks home.
• Policeman – (any age) a London cop that often chases after Michael and Jane Banks when they get into trouble.
• Von Hussler- (ages 35-55) a wealthy business man who proposes an elaborate money-making scheme to George Banks.
• John Northbrook- (ages 30-50) a normal business man who proposes a simpler factory plan to George Banks.
• Katie Nanna – (over 20) the last in a long line of nannies at Cherry Tree Lane before Mary Poppins arrives.
• Annie and Fannie – (ages 12-20) Miss Corry's excitable daughters