Great coaching is a skill set and strong form of communication, can have a strong impact on your team, and is now widespread amongst successful leaders in commercial and social enterprises of all sizes.
Coaching is about action and is designed to empower the individual to understand their potential and to identify how they can achieve it. Coaching encourages the creation of goals which can then be broken down in to manageable, measurable steps. The coach and learner collaborate to set out and achieve key objectives, taking into account the needs of the organisation as well as the experience, maturity, knowledge and aspirations of the individual. A great coach knows when to support and when to stretch, when to challenge and when to guide.
By the end of this 1 day workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the impact you can have by coaching your team
- Use basic coaching skills to engage in coaching conversation
- Use a proven and systematic approach to coaching conversations
- Identify what works well for you in coaching conversations
- Coach in the moment in day to day work interactions in important working relationships
- Access appropriate resources to continue learning about effective coaching
This session is led by Oxford Innovation business coach Matthew Porter in a relaxed and confidential setting.
Spaces are limited, but you have the option to bring one member of your senior management team to up-skill. Lunch will be provided, and there will be short tea and coffee breaks giving you a chance to network with other attending businesses and the coach.