Trained Facilitators support children and young people through their journey of loss or grief.
Rainbows is a national voluntary organization offering free support to children and young people who have experienced a significant loss in their lives through bereavement, divorce, separation and other significant life events.
Age groups: Grades 1-6, parent group
Venue: St. Teresa of Avila School
Day: Tuesdays, March 20 - May 29, 2017
What Rainbows can do…
- Help children to engage with their own individual journey - to identify, name, understand , manage, express and share their feelings.
- Provide a safe setting to tell and retell feelings and thoughts with trained listeners.
- Support them to come to terms with loss and to integrate and adapt to loss in their lives.
- Allow them to have a shared experience and identification with others’ feelings… “I’m not the only one.”
- Acknowledge the grief… “It’s ok to be sad”
- - Support the rebuilding of self-esteem, trust, confidence and resilience
It provides a model of coping and support for the future life of a child
From Hurt, Through Healing, to Hope
To sign up or for more information call Julie Masson @ 403-896-0992