Join us for our Pack Walk season in Minneapolis.
MyPitBullisFamily is a national non-profit organization working on ending housing and insurance discrimination for all dog owners. We currently have the largest housing database of non-discriminatory rentals in the country. One way that we can break steryotypes of these dogs is through hosting community events, like Pack Walks. Please join us as we allow our dogs to strut their stuff around the Twin Cities. We host Pack Walks every second Sunday of every month, depending on weather.
Well behaved dogs of all kinds and children are welcome to join us.
A few rules:
1. No face to face meeting. Always ask the dog's human if they can meet. Meetings should be made with loose leashes and calm humans. Dogs know when we're stressed, and they get stressed too.
2. NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES. Seriously. You will be asked to leave.
3. Yellow ribbons for our more anxious dog friends: Dogs known or believed to be anxious when around other dogs are to wear a yellow ribbon to let others know to respect your dog’s space.
4. All dogs should be up to date on shots: In the interest of good health for all the dogs attending our walks we ask that you do not join us unless your dog is up to date on their shots/vaccinations.
5. Pick up the poo: If you don't have poop bags we have them. Just see one of the My Pit Bull is Family volunteers for a bag.
6. No Smoking: Please do not smoke on our short walk. Please do so before or after.
7. Sometimes we stop for ice cream so be sure to have a little cash with you!
8. Be sure to check in with a My Pit Bull is Family volunteer before you leave and grab a sticker!