Challenging and rewarding best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level. Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is challenging, it is a rewarding way to build your confidence. Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. Many divers say this is the best course they’ve ever taken. You'll cover:
• Self-rescue and diver stress
• Emergency management and equipment
• Panicked diver response
• In-water rescue breathing protocols
• Egress (exits)
• Dive accident scenarios
To enrol on the Rescue diver course you must:
• Be a PADI Adventure diver with Navigation dive or equivalent.
• *Be 12 years of age or older.
• Have completed a sanctioned course in CPR-Primary care and basic first aid. The EFR course is highly recommended and can be used to meet these requirements.
*Divers aged 12 - 15 may obtain a PADI junior Rescue certification. The certification card carries the requirement that the individual must dive with a certified adult.
Dates for the next course are...
Classroom day 1 - Sunday 22nd April 2018 9:00am
Open water day 1 - Saturday 28th April 2018
Open water day 2 - Sunday 29th April 2018
Emergency First Response (Including Care for Children) - Sunday 8th April 2018....It will also be possible to enroll for the Emergency Oxygen provider specialty.
If you would like to do your Rescue OR Emergency First Response course and these dates are not suitable please contact the shop we will be able to offer alternative dates.