LaCoy Production Fund Competition
The LaCoy Production Fund Competition is a contest that awards production funds to a winning screenplay or documentary proposal. The competition is open to all Fitchburg State University Film/Video students.
Consideration is also given to a production which clearly indicates how the production funds will be used to raise production values. For example, qualifying expenses might include paying actors, renting a piece of equipment, purchasing the rights to a good story/play/screenplay or paying for an original score.
All financial rewards will be in the form of a purchase order that can only be used for the production of the script or documentary proposal and/or for reimbursements of documented production expenses.
For questions regarding qualifying expenses, contact Professor Kevin McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is APRIL 27 at 4:30pm, at which time:
Entry forms will be submitted online using this link:
- All narrative pieces must be 20 pages or less and submitted in proper screenplay format.
- All documentary proposals should be 3-5 pages, and should clearly illustrate the project description including thesis, proposed methodology and style of the proposed nonfiction film.
- All submitters must be Fitchburg State University Film/Video students.
- All work should be the original work of the author or the submitter should have arranged to acquire the rights to the work.
- Pieces which do not adhere to the submission requirements will be disqualified from consideration.
-You will complete the online entry form and upload a PDF of your script there
-If you are using copyrighted material, then please fill out Section 2 of the online form. Drop off completed document at Comm Media Office CNIC 237 or email email@example.com.
-The judging panel will share the winning entry with film/video students no later than May 2, 2018.