You read that right! A crawfish eating competition right here in the heart of Denver. This is not your ordinary contest though...It is straight MUDBUG MADNESS with a grand prize of $3,000, entrance into our Hall of Flame and an employee discount for the rest of 2018. This is a WINNER TAKES ALL EVENT.
In order to to get to the finals and compete against Joe, there will be 3 stages you need to advance from. When it is all said and done, you will spend less than $100 for 9 lbs of crawfish (19 lbs if you make it to the finals) and some free booze to boot. What a deal right!? Are you ready for this crustacean carnage?? I know Joe is!
OFFICIAL DETAILS, RULES & DATES
Stage 1: Qualifying Round ($25 for 1 lb of crawfish and choice of beverage)
- In order to advance from the qualifying round, you must finish 1 lb of crawfish in less than 2 minutes (tails only). Your waiter, bartender or manager is the judge and will be timing you with a stop watch. When you think you are finished, throw both hands up in the air and say "DONE!". Your shells will then be sorted through by your judge and if all tails are eaten within the 2 minutes, you advance to stage 2. It is that easy!! Be sure to not leave any tail bits behind as this will be penalized (+5 sec for quarter tail (2 scales+), +10 sec for half tail (3 scales+)).
- You can participate in the qualifying round ANYTIME during regular business hours. Just let your server know and we will make sure it happens!
- Contest waiver MUST BE SIGNED before you compete
Stage 2: Quarter Finals ($35 for 4 lbs of crawfish and choice of beverage)
- In order to advance to from the quarter finals, you need to place in the top 30% of competitors by eating as much as possible in 5 minutes (4 lbs). In order to keep the competition as fair as possible, your crawfish will be weighed before and after the 5 minutes.
- There will be 2 quarter final dates just in case you cannot make it to one or you did not advance from the first quarter finals (you can try twice by re qualifying if desired). The dates will be theLAST SATURDAY OF MARCH AND APRIL (3/31 & 4/28) so put them in your calendar RIGHT NOW ;)
Stage 3: Finals ($35 for 3 lbs of crawfish and choice of beverage)
- In order to advance from the semi finals, you have to eat as much as possible in 3 minutes (3 lbs). After the 3 minutes is over, your crawfish will be weighed. The TOP TWO competitors will advance to compete with Joe in the finals.
- The final date will be the first Saturday in May which just so happens to be on Cinco de Mayo (5/5/18). This is going to be a party you do not want to miss!!
Stage 4: Championship (free for 10lbs of crawfish and beverage of choice)
- Takes place after Stage 3
- To claim the first Hall of Flame entry and take home the $3,000, you will need to come out on top by eating as much as possible in 10 minutes (10 lbs). Total weight will be measured after the 10 minutes and the person to eat the most crawfish will be crowned the victor.
***Due to this being our first competition, all details, rules and dates are subject to change*** We will try our best to keep it as concrete as possible though!!