Interested in discussing mental health issues and provide your experience or input into improving services?
Flourish’s FLAGs (Flourish Local Action Groups) work in all the three Tasmanian regions. They bring people together to guide Flourish; and offer input or advice to the mental health sector, government and other stakeholders. FLAGs also have a wellness and social focus.
If you become Flourish Inc member you can also join our regional or local FLAG groups and meetings, usually monthly. In more detail:
What do FLAGs do? They …
• Discuss issues and experiences relating to mental health;
• Provide a forum to have direct input into mental health services;
• Provide opportunities for ‘conversations’ between mental health consumers, service providers and government policy makers;
• Report on current mental health services and record consumer identified gaps;
• Are a forum to investigate creative ways to build strength, voice and capacity amongst mental health consumers. For example, via social groups, support meetings, our conference (Festival of Ideas), skills training and creativity; and
• Are a (re-)source of information for other mental health consumers.
Interested to find out more, contact Flourish on 03 6223 1952.