Celebrate National Small Business Week by hearing first-hand from the top News Directors in Western North Carolina around what they are looking for when it comes to covering local press. Organizational leaders continually face challenges when it comes to getting their stories heard, but now they can better understand what it takes to get media coverage and how to navigate the changing needs of local news.
Plus, all event proceeds will be donated to #CampGirlBoss, the Leadership + Entrepreneurship Camp for Middle School Girls held at UNC Asheville this summer.
What topics will be covered?
- What is your typical process for evaluating media coverage?
- What do the local press really want and/or need out of a press release?
- What is your current "news worthy" criteria?
- How is the world of news changing and what should leaders do now to adapt?
- In what ways is your organization engaging with social media and citizen-led media?
Who will be speaking?
- Moderator: Emily Breedlove, Executive Director of WEWNC
- Panelist: Katie Wadington, News Director of Citizen Times
- Panelist: Julie Fries, News Director of WLOS
- Panelist: Matt Bush, News Director at Blue Ridge Public Radio
- Panelist: Virginia Daffron, Managing Director at Mountain Xpress
- Panelist: Angie Newsome, News Director at Carolina Public Press
How will it be structured?
1:00 - 1:30 Open Networking
1:30 - 2:30 Panel Discussion with Q&A
2:30 - 4:00 Catered Networking with PR Specialists
Who are the PR Specialists?
Immediatly following the panel discussion, the event will host a catered networking event for attendees to connect with the News Directors and present questions to a team of regional communication experts. The PR
Specialists will consist of the following area companies:
- Kudzu Brands (www.kudzubrands.com)
- JB Media Group (www.jbmediagroupllc.com)
- Darby Communications (www.darbycommunications.com
- FormationPR (www.formationpr.com)
- More are on their way...