The main goal of this workshop is to help photographers’ transition into video by simplifying key concepts and providing shortcuts, resources, and advice, as well as guidance while constructing a short film.
Throughout the three days students will go through the stages of pre-production and plot design (day 01) image and sound capture (day 02) and final editing and post-production (day 03).
Here is a list of the key areas, concepts and techniques that will be addressed throughout the workshop:
• How to switch to a “filmmaker’s brain”
• Truly understand the director’s and director of photography’s roles.
• The basics of composition for motion: establishing a scene, creating perspective and moving the camera
• Color theory and how you can use it to enhance the story you are telling
• The role of lighting to enhance stories and direct the viewer’s attention
• The crucial role of sound in motion
• How to use the right gear from cameras and lighting gear to mics, rigs, and key accessories
• The art and craft of editing
• Post-production workflows and how to organize your asset
Languages: English and Portuguese