Join us at Foulmouthed Brewing to get to know Chris Kessler. candidate for Maine State Representative in District 32 (South Portland/Cape Elizabeth). It will be a great opportunity to learn more about him and why he is running for the legislature. Come on down, meet some good folks, and just eat, drink and be merry!
Chris has been a long-time activist and volunteer in the community. Some of Chris's efforts:
- Preserving public access to Willard Beach
- Raising awareness about predatory student lending and advocating for the rights of student loan borrowers
- Weatherizing low-income households in South Portland
- Served on South Portland’s Energy and Recycling Committee from which the City's Climate Action Plan was formed
- Actively opposed the reversal of the Portland Pipeline
- Local trail stewardship and the restoration Pope Preserve in Mill Creek
- Tenant advocacy, and served on the Affordable Housing Committee from which South Portland's Housing Security Ordinance was created.