Prof. Steve Dekrey, Associate Dean of the Business School at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, will give a brief program introduction. Our seasoned and accomplished alumni will share with you tips on choosing your EMBA program and the ROI on the time and financial investment they made in this world class program! The sample class will then soon begin by our award-winning faculty Prof. Earl K. Stice, Faculty of the Year in 2011 and 2014 on the topic:
The Motivating Power of Measurement: Do Numbers and Accounting Control Our Business, Social, and Personal Decisions?
The objective of the fields of statistics and accounting is to reflect the essence of a complex situation in one number. In our modern world we have become so fixated on these numbers that the numbers themselves change our behavior, make us work harder, encourage us to lie, and influence our emotions. To what extent do numbers and accounting control our decisions?
In this session, you will learn:
• How accounting can help you lose weight.
• Basic principles of financial statement analysis.
• The principles of accounting performance evaluation from a Soviet oil drilling contest.
• The shocking accounting truth about Facebook’s IPO.
• How the French derailed the effort to harmonize global accounting practices.
• The impact that accounting measurement has on marathon times.
• The why and how of corporate Earnings Management.
• How to construct your own Balanced Scorecard.
Please register here for a seat: http://go.pardot.com/l/498771/2018-02-11/3jljrc