Say hi to your micro-neighbors!
Have you ever wondered what happens around you in the small micro-world? Put on your explorer's outfit, assemble your own microscope with us and come take a hike with our experts to discover a hidden world.
(You get to keep your paper microscope afterwards!)
Here is how our journey will look like:
- 2:30 - 3:30 PM Meet at the Freewheel Brewing Company to build your Foldscope (paper microscope) with us!
- 3:30 - 4:00 PM Commute to the Bedwell Bayfront Park
- 4:00 - 5:30 PM Hike and probe the park
- 5:30 - 6:00 PM Commute to Freewheel Brewing Company
- 6:00 - 6:30 PM Share and identify your discoveries of the day!
Link to Bedwell Bayfront Park: (https://www.menlopark.org/Facilities/Facility/Details/Bedwell-Bayfront-Park-6)
Your Hike Leaders
- Dr. Arnold Mathijssen, Stanford University
Arnold is working on the prevention of microbial contamination and the physics of ultra-fast biology.
- Dr. Neil Robbins, Stanford University
Born and raised in the Arizona desert, I came to Stanford to do a PhD studying how water stress affects plant root development.
Food and drinks available for purchase at the brewery.
Brewery and the hike is kid friendly.
Tickets are $7 ( It includes the paper microscope)