Week 1 of The Districts 32 Club's Play Balls Campaign. Remember this not a physical event but we want you to get to know our candidates and spread the word.
We continue District 32’s get to know our candidates series featuring Kim Burns is a primary candidate for Anne Arundel County Council District 1. Please consider volunteering for Kim's campaign by visiting her webpage. You can visit Kim's website to find out more info about Kim, contact her, volunteer for her campaign and even considering donating to her campaign. We can stick with the club's suggested donation of $32. http://kimforcouncil.com/
I am running for the 1st District County Council in Anne Arundel County because I believe these are qualities we should demand in our local leader and that are key to a better quality of life in District 1.
There is no position in government closer to the lives of citizens than the County Council. It is critical you have a council person you can trust, who works to promote our area, and works towards improving our quality of life. That is my pledge to you.
Your elected councilperson is your representative, your advocate, and your voice when it comes to matters affecting our area and your life as a resident of our District.
As your councilperson, I will:
• Cut spending.
• Fight to ensure District 1 receives fair and equitable State and county funding.
• Oppose property tax increases.
• Invest in public education by supporting our classroom teachers, not bureaucracies.
• Strengthen laws cracking down on violent criminals and for laws that protect our communities.
• Combat the opiod and drug problems that plague our communities.
• Promote and advance innovative and effective economic development programs and job creation partnerships to put District 1 residents back to work.
I will be a council representative who forges the creative solutions and partnerships to deal with the problems unique to our district and who works hard–and smart–to make District 1 a great place to live, work and raise a family.
I can only do this with your support.
I am asking for your vote on June 26, 2018.
COPYRIGHT © 2018 · AUTHORITY: FRIENDS OF KIM BURNS, MICHAEL BURNS, TREASURER · WEBSITE MADE IN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY BY PHIL TRAN PUBLIC RELATIONS, LLC.