Southern Virginia's fighting game weekly is here for event number 16 with the SoVA Fighting Game Community!
Whether it's training for Atlantis Montgly in Portsmouth, a major tournament, or just getting into the scene for the first time, GameWorks Chesapeake is the best way to play fighting games casually or competitively every Friday night.
We're on Twitch! Check out www.Twitch.tv/Piccolotier every Friday night!
Sign-ups are available anytime before the event, cut-off for sign-ups are at 7:45 on the day of the event and tournaments will start at 8:00
• $5 cash buy-in for tournament, pot split 60% - 25% - 15%
• Bring your own setups! (Controllers, consoles, monitors)
• Full access to our restaurant and bar!
• Side games available in the banquet room for those who bring setups!
All games will follow the ruleset established at EVO for that particular game, some general rules are;
- Double Elimination bracket; If you lose twice you're out
- Matches are Best of 3
- Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be a Best of 5
- No hacked or modded games will be allowed
- Please desync your controller after your match if you use a wireless controller! If you don't know how you can ask a Tournament Organizer or another player.
Tournaments ran for these games include:
- Dragonball Fighter Z
- Tekken 7
- Guilty Gear xRd -Revelator- 2
- Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition
- King of Fighters 13 (PC)
Any game that gets enough attention can be ran as a tournament!
If you bring a side game and people want to play a tournament, it can be ran!
Community console choice for these games is Playstation 4, be sure to bring the appropriate controllers/adapters that work with a PS4. Wireless bluetooth controllers MUST be desynced after your match.
Tounament fee is $5 CASH. There's an ATM near the escalators inside of the mall that charges a $3.50 surcharge, and a Navy Federal close to Greenbrier Mall. Change can be provided at the venue.
• Gameworks is located inside of Greenbrier Mall in Chesapeake, VA between Sears and Cinema Cafe with our own entrance and parking lot
Just a few quick reminders
• No outside food/drink
• No money is allowed to change hands inside the venue in accordance with rulings by the Gambling Commission. This, unfortunately means no money matches are to be ran on premises.
• Remember to report your matches to a Tournament Organizer!