On April 13, 14, and 15, join GMCC for One Day, a concert of healing and reconciliation.
You'll want to be among the first people in the Carolinas to hear premiers of:
• Be At My Side, nominated for the American Prize in Composition, is a setting of The Police Officer’s Prayer composed by Charlotte’s own Gerald Gurss; and
• Seven Last Words of the Unarmed from the pen of composer Joel Thompson, with text drawn from the last words that seven black men spoke before being killed by authority figures.
We'll have other stunning works as well, including a setting of Glory (from the movie Selma) that will leave you breathless. You'll be transformed by these experience, and you'll leave hopeful and uplifted.
You have three performances to choose from:
• 7:30 PM, Friday, April 13 at Statesville Avenue Presbyterian Church (Charlotte)
• 7:30 PM, Saturday, April 14 at All Saints Episcopal Church (Gastonia) - this is a benefit performance for PFLAG of Gaston County and represents our first performance in Gaston County. Seating is limited in the beautiful and acoustically fabulous venue.
• 3:00 PM, Sunday, April 15 at St. John's Baptist Church (Charlotte)
Use code S18FB at check-out for $5 off!