The second Monday of every month (unless it's a public holiday, in which case we'll do first or third Monday).
Caferati has been hosting the city's longest-running open mic at Prithvi Cafe. Now, with the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Mumbai, we're hosting a new open mic in South Bombay, which we hope will become as much of a fixture on writers'calendars.
Please continue to support us.
The short version: you + your writing + two minutes at the microphone. Entry Free.
The longer version:
* The rules:
- You must perform only your own writing.
- Genres: No restriction. Poetry, monologues (including stand-up comedy), songs (only your lyrics, remember), it’s all good.
- You can perform ONE piece for a maximum of TWO MINUTES.
- Only solo or duo performances; no groups please. Duos can only perform collaborative works authored by both performers. (Singer/songwriters: you can have someone accompanying you on a musical instrument, provided that person is the composer.)
- Registrations at the venue, 6:15 p.m. Registrations close at 25 people or 6:30 p.m., whichever is earlier. Anyone after this will go on a wait-list.
- Names will be called at random from the first 25 to register. If there is time, wait-listed people get a shot too.
- Your time starts the moment you come to the microphone
- You get the use of the microphone. No other arrangements will be made for your performance. If you want to carry a prop, or a musical instrument (acoustic only), please do so. Note that any set-up time counts towards your two-minute limit.
- If you exceed two minutes, you will be told, and you must leave the microphone immediately.
- Prohibited: Foul language, explicit sexual imagery, slander, anything that flouts the laws of India. if you have any doubts about the appropriateness of your work, please ask the host.
- Dress code: No nudity. Yes, you can use costumes and make-up if you like.
There are no formal prizes, just the opportunity to perform to an audience, and earn its acclaim.
You retain ownership of your work, but by performing, you give Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Mumbai and Caferati the right to post photographs or recordings of your performance on their websites, should they so choose, with due attribution to you. Any photographs or recordings made will only be used to promote the Caferati @ MMB Open Mic, or related activities of Goethe-Institut or Caferati
(In these days of cameraphones, we can't stop other people from photographing or recording you. If you don't want to be recorded, please request the audience accordingly.)
Please visit / follow / join:.
Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan Mumbai
Caferati Caferati - The Writers' Forum
Caferati @ Prithvi Caferati's Delhi & NCR Open Mic