Welcome to the Gorilla Climbing League
(Top Rope Edition)
A day for you to grab your climbing buddy and climb as much as you can to win prizes! The Top Rope league will be held over 4 weekends for all 4 categories this April 2018
League Dates & Categories:�14th April 9.30-11.30am– U16 Youth Boys & Girls
15th April 9.30-11.30am – U13 Boys & Girls
21st April 9.30-11.30am – Open Male & Female (17- 39 years old as of 2018)
28th April 9.30-11.30am – Masters Male & Female (40 and above as of 2018)
HOW TO JOIN:
Competitors are to sign up via this link:
Limited slots available. Final time allocation will be based on total number of sign-ups. Check in normally. Competitors can either pay a normal day pass or use their existing multi-pass, gorilla pass or season pass to check in.
*Gorilla Full Time Staff and Athletes are not allowed to participate in this league.
• SGD$1.00 per scorecard. You have to buy the scorecard from our front desk and submit it at the end of the competition.
• All competitors are to climb in a pair. All competitors must be top-rope verified at Gorilla Climbing Gym and display the yellow tag at all times during the competition.
• Only U12 competitors can bring their own belayers during the competition at no extra cost to the belayer who must be top-rope verified at Gorilla Climbing Gym and display the yellow tag at all times during the competition. (If belayer decides to stay on to climb after, he/she has to pay normal entry fees)
• There should be no hanging on the rope or assistance from the belayer during a climb.
• Once the climber has fallen off the wall, he/she must be lowered down immediately and re-queue to try again.
• Any unsafe climbing or belaying practices will result in disqualification.
• Scoring is based on route difficulty.
• Scores will be given once climber holds on to the last handhold with one hand and has gotten acknowledgement from the judge to come down.
• Total score at the end of the competition will determine the winner; determined by the highest total score attained by a climber.
• Top 6 Female or Male climber in category based on total number of points accumulated
• Top scorer for Female or Male category based on the top 5 hardest routes completed
BATTLE OF THE SEXES event:
Here's giving you more reason for you to gather all of your friends to join! ��We will be combining all the points earned by each gender and the winning gender for that age category will be entitled to 50% off day passes to Gorilla Climbing Gym for a dedicated week in May 2018!
All winners will be announced over our official Facebook and Instagram page @gorillaclimbinggym