Two years since the Paris Agreement, many ASEAN countries are placing increasing emphasis on combating climate change and its adverse impacts. Governments have started to invest in improving air and water quality, low-carbon transport, and better use of physical resources to shift towards green growth. Efforts are also being made to cut greenhouse gas emissions and prevent the spread of fires and haze.
The agroforestry and resource sector in particular has witnessed a growing momentum in adopting sustainable practices and protecting ecosystems. But questions are still being asked about whether these efforts are enough to address climate change, and how we can spur greater growth in green investments. Against this backdrop, the 5th Singapore Dialogue on Sustainable World Resources (SDSWR) invites regional representatives to explore the following questions: What policies can governments and corporations adopt to encourage green growth? How sustainable is today’s plantation sector, and are there commensurate rewards for being sustainable? And to what extent are current industry approaches, like certification, still relevant as a tool for achieving sustainability?
- Mr. Masagos Zulkifli, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, Republic of Singapore
- Dr. Bambang Brodjonegoro, Minister of National Development Planning, Republic of Indonesia
- Panel 1: How ASEAN Governments Are Shifting to Green Growth
- Panel 2: Doing Well by Doing Good: The Evolution of Sustainability in the Agri-Business Sector
- Workshop 1: Bridging Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches: The Role of Financial Institutions in Inclusive Agri-Finance
- Workshop 2: Sustainability Reporting in the Plantation Sector: Attracting Better Capital Flows
- Workshop 3: The Relevance of Certification to Sustainability Today
Kindly note that the workshops are held concurrently. More information on the programme can be found on our event website at www.sustainableresourcesdialogue.org/programme.
Date: Friday, 18th May 2018
Time: 8am – 4pm (Registration starts at 8am; Conference commences at 9am)
Venue: Grand Hyatt Singapore
Grand Ballroom, Level 3
10 Scotts Road, Singapore 228211
Tickets are on sale at S$300 per person. You may purchase your ticket at http://www.eventnook.com/event/5sdswr2018.
Terms and Conditions:
Seats at the Workshops are subject to availability. You may indicate your interest in the registration form and we will get back to you on the status of your application.
Kindly note that only registered attendees are allowed to enter the Dialogue. For more information, please visit our FAQ page at https://sustainableresourcesdialogue.org/2018-dialogue/about/faqs/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.