Saturday, May 5, 2017
Screening 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Great Plains Health education center
601 West Leota Street, North Platte, Neb.
Join Great Plains Neuroscience, Priority Medical, and Great Plains LifeNet for this interactive event for the public. No registration is required.
• On-site neurologist to answer your questions.
• Get a cholesterol profile and blood sugar check. Please fast for eight hours prior(nothing to eat or drink other than water), and take morning medications.
• Learn the risk factors of stroke and how to reduce your chances of having a stroke.
• Stroke screening questionnaire to identify personal risk factors.
• Smoking cessation information.
• Receive a blood pressure and vital signs check.
• Dietary information.
• Occupational and physical therapists to speak about prevention and post stroke therapy.
• If you are eligible for a carotid ultrasound, it will be offered at the cost of $40.00. This is the only charge at this screening.
• Enjoy giveaways, food, valuable education and fun.
For more information, call Chastity Orr, BSN, Stroke and
Telemedicine program coordinator at Great Plains Health 308.568.8507.