Join GPHC, We Don’t Waste, Walk2Connect, and neighbors to learn affordable, sustainable cooking strategies and tricks every Monday in April starting at 6:30pm. Come ready to learn and cook and leave with recipes to help you make the most of the food you have at home!
• April 2 – One Skillet Something: We all need a quick go-to dish when we’re tight on time!
• April 9 – Last Ditch Quick Pickling: Don’t let those last bits of veggies go to waste. Quick pickle them—none of the stress of canning with all the joy of eating pickled goodness.
• April 16 – What do I do with all these Beans? Includes black beans, garbanzo beans, green beans and more!
• April 23 – What do I do with all these Greens? Includes collards, lettuce, kale, and more!
• April 30 – DIY Veggie Tacos and Veggie Burgers: Learn to make your own veggie tacos and veggie burgers that are sure to please!
And don't forget to join us beforehand for short, fun walks sponsored by Walk2Connect from 6:00pm-6:30pm. Learn more about these walks at: http://walk2connect.com/event/sustain-your-health-walking-series/all/
For the walk, we will meet in front of the Greater Park Hill Community, Inc. (GPHC) office at 6:00 pm. We’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. If you are going to use the restroom please plan to show up before 6:00 pm. We leave NO LATER than 6:10 pm. We will arrive back to GPHC by 6:30 pm to begin our cooking class.
There is street parking on Fairfax St. The 43 and 28 bus lines drop off within 0.5 mi of our meeting location.