The Singapore National Climbing Standards (SNCS) Level 1 course is an introduction to the safety standards of indoor sports climbing with a top rope belay system.
Minimum age of 13 years old is required.
For beginners with little or no prior knowledge of sports climbing.
Participants will be introduced to: equipment, climbing techniques, checking procedures, belaying for top-roping and climbing communication.
Date: 14 April 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 10.30am - 5.30pm
Location: Ground up Climbing Centre
Civil Service Club, Level 2
60 Tessensohn Road,S217664
Participants will learn to demonstrate the following:
1) Correct harness usage
2) Correct tie-in technique using the figure-of-8 knot
3) Correct belay technique using a friction device
(Tubular/Assisted Braking Device)
4) Correct use of climbing calls
5) Perform pre-climb checks
Things to bring:
1) Your own equipment (if you have them)
2) One set of clothes to change after climbing
3) A pair of socks ( hygiene purposes)
Sign up at https://goo.gl/smIOWA
Or drop us your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration closure will be on 12 April 2018 at 12pm