Thinking about building a greenhouse but don’t know where to start? Or maybe your current set-up could use some improvements? Either way, this course is for you!
In this intensive 2-day program you will learn how to design, construct and operate a backyard greenhouse (or hot house) effectively.
This is a small group course (capped at 8 participants) that includes both in-class learning and hands-on components to ensure participants get lots of one-on-one time and are fully prepared to build their own greenhouse upon completion of the course.
Day 1: Classroom session at Groundswell Network Society’s Community Greenhouse
- Site Selection
- Design principles, requirements and considerations
- Construction methods and materials
- Annual operations and maintenance (Irrigation, crop planning, winterizing, etc.)
- Tour to explore and critique greenhouse examples.
Day 2: Hands-on construction session at the Avalily Permaculture Urban Homestead
- Layout of design and prefab process
- Step-by-step guide for construction
- Hands-on greenhouse building project
- Detailed information material selection and building technique demonstrations
- Kalista Pruden
Local permaculture expert and urban farmer;
Avalily Permaculture and The Earthskills Institute.
- Justen Foster,
Local sustainable building expert and building contractor;
EVERbuilt Developments Ltd.
- Groundswell Network Society
(GNS does some amazing work in our community! Please consider purchasing a lifetime membership for just $20.)
Course fee is $160.
(If you get tickets through Eventbrite there are additional fees.)
Please register with us directly (to avoid additional fees) by emailing AvalilyPermaculture@gmail.com
Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the course!